BHS has developed polymer-modified enzymes that dramatically improve biocatalytic processes, resulting in higher throughput, less waste, and lower costs.
New and improved catalysts for specialty chemical and biofuel production.
Improved catalysts to improve drug manufacturing processes and lower costs.
- Improved yields
- Less waste
- Reduction in steps
- Lower energy requirements
- Sustainable process
- Lower costs
The Power of Polymer-based Protein Engineering in Biocatalysis
- High temperatures
- Extreme pH
- Organic solvents
- Resistance to proteolysis
- Increase maximum velocity
- Improved substrate specificity and affinity
- Resistance to substrate / product inhibition
Lessen Evolutionary Limitations
- Altered spectrum of activity
- Altered substrate specificity